Thursday, March 12, 2009

Washington D.C.

My job requires me to travel a lot. I figured starting a blog would be a great way to chronicle my adventures and experiences in the cities I work. I am new to the business world and I am still training for the niche in which I have ventured. I prefer not to get into great detail of what I do for personal reasons and business security; however, I will admit that I work in hospitals and that I am not a pharmaceutical vendor!

This week I am working in Washington D.C. for the first time. I have never been to DC and it truely is far more fascinating than I could have ever imagined. I will be in town through the weekend and I intend to do all the tourist type of sight-seeing that is completely justified for a first timer in the nation's capitol.

Last night I scratched the surface of the city. We started the night off with a very nice but expensive dinner at Bobby Van's Grill. The food was slightly above average but the atmosphere and the micro-brew made the experience great. Service was nice. I had a gorgonzola smothered sirloin with sauteed mushrooms and two Bobby Van's Amber drafts. The beer was good, I prefer an amber to have more flavor but it complimented the steak well so I was content and left miserably full.

After the gorging I went to stand outside the White House and stare. It was interesting and I am happy that I was able to see it. Nothing exciting happened in the breif moments I stared at the building where our 44th now resides. In fact, nothing really exciting happened all night,  but this blog is more of a way for me to recall memories than it is to entertain any mass public. I also saw the Washington Monument, The Capitol and the Lincoln Memorial. Everything was so beautiful and fascinating. I love history and it was surreal to actually be seeing, in person, images I have seen since I was a child. The Lincoln statue is gigantic. 

The Holiday Inn I'm staying at has terriably uncomfortable beds and about 100 kids run and scream throughout the halls all night. I guess I'm a geezer but when I'm working I appreciate good sleep especially when I'm struggling because of a stomach full of red meat. 

Tomorrow I will do more memorial and Saturday I have reserved for one of the Smithsonian Museums. I would also like to find a bar or club to get ridiculous.

Throughout this blog I'm also going to post random and adventurous stories wether its because of being on the road for work or a crazy weekend at home in San Antonio.

No comments:

Post a Comment