Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Hilo



OK, I got back from Hilo yesterday morning. The flights were exhausting; an all night red eye. Redundancy. I also managed to piss off the tattooed white trash face sucking couple in front of me by apparently pushing my bag into their feet. I awoke to the turned around evil eye of the classless sunburned fake blond. I felt nothing.
Hilo was awesome. It was just beautiful. I got to see many great sites; volcanoes, waterfalls and beaches. Everything went smooth and I discovered an amazing candy store off of the bay where our hotel was located. There is talks of doing another job in Hawaii and I can only hope that I am able to make that adventure too.


The food was great. I ate a lot of fish at a nice little tourist trap of a restaurant named Pestos. We also ate at a little Mexican food place, the food was horrible but one particular waitress left me breathless.


One afternoon there was a young lady practicing yoga on the little peninsula that jutted out into the blue water in the bay behind the hotel. She flexed, bent and stretched in the patch of green grass surrounded by black lava rocks. I went and asked her if I could join the following day but due to rain and work I was unable to partake in the meditation. The sound of the ocean crashing into the rock and the soothing coolness of the ocean on my feet while trying to peer out into the water to catch the curvature of the earth ended up being the only meditation I needed.

1 comment: